Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Progress slow

My game is progressing, though very slowly at the moment. It will probably be a week or two before I have the knowledge to start on the engine, until then I will be modelling characters and scenes. That way if (forbid) something goes wrong with the programming side of things I will still have evidence of work, and I can pretty easily make posters and animations with the models. The scripting seems pretty complex, but luckily it is pretty similar to java, which I studied last year. The basic principle is the same, I just have to learn some new commands and syntax. It seems to be a very powerful tool, very much capable of making the kind of game I am imagining. I only hope that I am capable of that as well.

1 comment:

Roger Stack said...

Great to see you organised with all the online services bugs...

Which engine are you going to use? Are there examples of others who have done similar work?

What kind of game are you imagining?