Monday, March 3, 2008

Big snag

My computer at home is playing up! This is going to hinder my progress as I cannot use python on the school computers without admin rights. It's a really strange problem though, for some reason my monitor can't get a signal from my PC, and yet it works fine with mum's PC, and my computer works fine with mum's monitor. I think it's something to do with the fact that my monitor is high res (1440*900) and mum's is lower (1024*768) will update my drivers tonight and hope for the best. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate advice. As far as my project goes I'm chugging through it nicely, have made a few models and am actively scribbling down a plot. Unfortunately the completed models are on the home PC, so no screen-shots just yet, but expect them soon. One big triumph is that real-time performance seems good with the models I have made so far, I was concerned that I would have to lower the poly count, this would impact on the visual appeal of the game. I'm not positive on the extent of blender's hardware acceleration and if it has any at all, I guess we will have to see...

I've just realized that this might sound like gibberish to some people, if so let me know and I will clear it up for you

No comments: